Precautions to Take after a Zoom!™ Whitening Procedure — Your Cosmetic Dentist in Calgary Offers a Few Tips
Getting your teeth whitened can be a gratifying experience. If you have been unhappy with your teeth because they are stained, yellow, or dull, teeth whitening at your Calgary dentist could be exactly what you need.
The Zoom!™ whitening procedure can yield amazing results. In a short amount of time, your teeth will look cleaner, whiter, and brighter. You can get this treatment done in less than an hour, and the touch ups at home take very little time to do.
After Your Teeth Are Whitened – What Precautions Should You Take?
As with many dental procedures, some basic aftercare is required. You should also take a few measures to ensure that the effects are lasting. Follow these steps after getting your teeth whitened via the Zoom!™ technique:
- Foods and Beverages to Avoid: During the first 48 hours after treatment, you should avoid all foods and beverages that could stain your teeth. Such foods and drinks might include berries, cherry pie, ketchup, coffee, tomato juice, and red wine. Essentially, if an item would stain a white T-shirt, you should avoid consuming it for a few days after your whitening treatment.
- Eat and Drink These Instead: Try to eat and drink items that are white or pale in colour. You might eat foods such as white rice, pasta, white cheese, and bananas. You can also safely drink products like water, milk, and clear alcoholic drinks.
- Coloured Mouthwash: You should refrain from using coloured mouthwashes for a few days after the procedure. If your routine includes rinsing with the use of Chlorhexidine oral rinse for gum disease, skip this step for at least 48 hours.
- Oral Hygiene: Be sure to maintain good oral hygiene after you have had this treatment. Brush and floss thoroughly and regularly, and use a tongue cleaner on a daily basis. Brush with an electric toothbrush to further enhance the results of your whitening treatment.
- Habits to Avoid: During the crucial period of 48 hours after treatment, do not indulge in habits or practices that could lead to stained teeth. Do not use tobacco products during this time. Also, do not wear coloured lipstick for a few days after your teeth whitening visit.
Teeth Whitening in Calgary
You do not have to settle for teeth that make you unhappy. Modern cosmetic dentistry offers a wealth of options to meet a diversity of needs. We are always delighted to help our patients attain the lovely smiles they desire.
Go Dental provides teeth whitening in our Calgary office. Talk to your dentist about Zoom!™ teeth whitening today. This procedure is quick, and it will restore the natural beauty of your teeth. We have the expertise to offer this solution and perform it efficiently in our office.
Book a visit with your local cosmetic dentist in Calgary. The welcoming, knowledgeable staff at Go Dental is always ready to explore the possibilities with you. You can reach us by phone at 403-407-2028. Also, please feel free to use our online contact form.