Is Cosmetic Dentistry a Good Choice for You?
Cosmetic dentistry covers a broad range of dental procedures that can improve the look and feel of your teeth. There are a variety of techniques that can be used to treat discolouration, chipped or missing teeth, and even misshapen teeth. While they may be referred to as “cosmetic”, not all of these procedures are cosmetic in nature; in fact, some can help improve existing oral problems.
What Does Cosmetic Dentistry Entail?
There are numerous reasons you may want to consider a cosmetic dentistry procedure. If you have discoloured or misshapen teeth or you just want to improve your smile, you could benefit from a cosmetic procedure. Some procedures to consider include:
- Teeth Whitening - An inexpensive, pain-free way to brighten up your smile.
- Composite Bonding - Involves attaching tooth-coloured resin to your teeth to improve appearance and correct chipped teeth.
- Veneers and Bridgework - Substitutes for tooth enamel and can repair everything from chipped to broken to misshapen teeth.
- Dental Implants - These look, feel and act like real teeth. They are used to replace missing teeth or portions of missing teeth and eliminate the need for dentures.
- Contouring and Reshaping - If you have misshapen teeth, contouring and reshaping them can soften and perfect their appearance.
Why Try Cosmetic Dentistry?
More patients are seeking cosmetic dentistry because the treatments are personalized and offer dramatic results. Just some benefits of these procedures include:
- Correcting aesthetic flaws of the teeth. Cosmetic dentistry is highly versatile. Procedures can conceal and correct stains, misshapen teeth, small teeth, cracks or chips, gaps and even ragged-looking gum lines.
- Cosmetic treatments can make you look younger. With the right procedure, you can correct the signs of aging, such as discolouration. By correcting them, your clean, bright smile may actually make you look younger.
- Some cosmetic procedures can prevent future dental damage. Cosmetic procedures are not just about aesthetics. For some, they can prevent future dental damage. For example, missing teeth can lead to gum disease or issues with moving teeth. Cosmetic procedures can protect existing gum and bone and prevent further damage to existing teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry can improve your self-confidence. Tooth imperfections can lead to lowered self-esteem. You may be uneasy about smiling or even talking because of your teeth. By improving their appearance, you can boost your self-confidence and finally enjoy your smile again.
Go Dental’s experienced dentists in Calgary offer a variety of cosmetic procedures in our family-friendly clinic. Whether you want to correct stains or you have missing teeth, our professionals are here to help you restore your smile and your confidence.
Call us at 403-407-2028 to learn more about cosmetic dentistry in Calgary. We welcome new patients and you can book your appointment online for a consultation at our family dental clinic.