Go Dental Supports Children with Developmental Challenge in Calgary
Do you know what’s different about our Calgary family dentists’ clinic? It’s that we get it. We get it that community involvement is key in creating a great place to live, and when people feel supported and a sense of belonging, they take better care of their health. Plus, we all know that paying things forward brings good things to everybody.
The desire to be more than just regular Calgary family and general dentists inspired us to get involved with the Lead Foundation. This non-profit organization provides tangible logistical and learning support to children with developmental challenges or learning difficulties and their families. We love supporting the Lead Foundation because we embrace the same values they do.
- Community. When people feel isolated and alone, they tend to find it harder to take care of the basics. Their physical, dental and emotional health can suffer as a consequence. We think that building community links makes life better and brighter, not only for our clients but for our dentists and support staff too.
- Respect. Whether it’s because you have a learning challenge, you look different or you speak a different language than most people around you, respect and understanding can make all the difference to feeling like you belong. Our multilingual staff is delighted to help every client feel heard and respected when they come to our clinic.
- Empowerment. It’s easier to be well when the circumstances are stacked in your favour. Ensuring the proper development of children requires supportive parents and competent healthcare professionals like the general dentists at our Calgary clinic and the child development specialists at the Lead Foundation.
- Wellness. We believe there is a clear link between oral health and a child’s motor, language and speech development. We take seriously our role in helping families give their children the best possible dental care for optimal physical and speech development.
- Innovation. Like the Lead Foundation, we think positive change and growth are essential for our community to thrive. That’s why best practices and up-to-date technology have to be the focus of the dental care we provide for Calgary families.
For us, it’s a no-brainer to support the Lead Foundation. We know that they strive to bring these qualities to every child they help, just as we strive to bring them to each of our clients, young and old.
Visit the Lead Foundation to learn more about the foundation and the fantastic work they do in our community for children with special needs. Keep your eyes open for our next Lead Foundation fundraiser—in 2015, Go Dental donated $5 to the foundation for every new follower of our Facebook page.
For more information about our community work or our dental services, please give us a call or check out our list of dental services offered at our Calgary dental clinic. We look forward to helping you and your family have the brightest smiles possible.